Gilbert Auto Preventative Maintenance
If you want to stop your car from running into (often expensive) problems then it’s a good idea to maintain a preventative maintenance schedule. One of the best ways to ensure that you are properly maintaining your car is to take a look through the vehicle owner’s manual. No matter what make or model your car is the manual should come with a maintenance schedule you can follow. Each make and model of car is different and generic advice such as having to change your oil ever 3,000 miles may not actually be true with your car.
The maintenance schedule that you can find in your owner’s manual comes from the people that actually built the car and know all about it. They provide you with suggestions about how often you should have the oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts, etc. changed.
While you can perform some of this preventative maintenance yourself, such as topping off the fluids, there are more complicated aspects of preventative maintenance that should only be performed by trained experts such as the ones at Spectrum Car Care. Our team has the knowledge and the tools to keep your car running through the following maintenance methods:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts which can prevent other accessories from being damaged
- Inspecting and replacing the serpentine belts which prevents other accessories from being damaged
- Checking your oil and changing it if necessary
- Checking, replacing, and replacing the battery connection components in your vehicle as well as the battery itself
- Checking and replacing your cabin air filters which can keep your car cool and comfortable during hot weather
- Checking and replacing the engine air filter – if you have a long commute or tend to drive in a start-and-stop manner then this needs to be done more frequently
- Checking and replacing the spark plugs
- Rotating your tires – this prevents the tires from becoming worn, which stops them from blowing out or leaking and keeps your ride smooth
- Balancing your tires – this prevents the tires from becoming worn, extending their life and saving you money
- Aligning the wheels
When you stick to the advice in the owner’s manual and have your car checked and maintained on a regular basis then you’re less likely to run into a major problem and can save a lot of money over time. Let our Car Care experts keep your vehicle running properly with preventative maintenance.